Thursday, March 12, 2009

Irony and beauty of LOVE

I am tripping over the fact that GOD made the very tree that provided the wood that he later was crucified on.

The next time I want to claim I have rights, or am owed something, I pray I remember that God MADE that tree. He had supreme and sovereign ownership over that tree, and all the people that crucified his son. He could have smashed them, and us, all. He gave that up for the love of us.

When I look at the cross, I see Love. That love is so enduring, so holy and pure, so all encompassing that I am healed.

"Perfect love casts out fear."
1 John 4:18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What amazing love.

"He saved a wretch like me upon that blood stained tree, His life He gave for me that I might be set free."

Dedicated to the one true King of Kings and Lord of Lords who 's humility upon that tree saved me!