Saturday, May 10, 2008

Yeeee--haaaa (or Git Along little Doggies --you pick)

(My posts have not been if the usual stuff lately. Not much Jesus, or racial and social bridge building. I am having a bit of a struggle through life lately, I am really fumbling alot and not sure how to make sense of anything. So enjoy these random light nonsensical posts for awhile.)

OK so on my absolute favorite site (www.stuffchristianslike.com) there was a post on christian dating sites or something and it was funny as usual. Light poking fun and lots of sarcasm about them. But in the greatest post was in the comment section where someone posted a link to farmersonly.com!!! It is a dating site to meet farmers! This is what the guy who started the site had to say:

"I'm Jerry Miller, founder of FarmersOnly.com. There are basically two groups in America. Group one: their lives revolve around four dollar cups of coffee, taxi cabs, blue suits, high heels, conference rooms and getting ahead at all costs in the corporate world. If you fall into this group you're probably on the wrong online dating site. Group two: they enjoy blue skies, wide open spaces, raising animals, appreciating nature and truly understand the meaning of Southern hospitality, even if they don't live in the South."

I am sad I dont fit into either one of these groups. :)

"City folks just don't get it!" haha

"I decided to create an online dating service that's 100% for farmers, ranchers, and those who can relate to the rural and country lifestyle.

Instead of asking what your astrological sign is, at FarmersOnly.com I ask if you raise or breed alpacas, horses, cattle, chickens, dogs, goats, rabbits, sheep, grow crops, or if you're an organic farmer, student farmer, cowboy, cowgirl, or just a farmer wanna be! How many singles sites do that?"


I am definitely loving this. A farmer wannabe? Amazing. I am smiling today because of this site! I was looking at the pictures that the people post on their profile and alot of them incorporate farm animals into their profile picture. Some are posing on a tractor.

I was laughing so hard, I had tears streaming down my face. I only wish my sister was here to look at it with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B"H

Hi Sarah,

I have been reading through a bunch of your blog entries here for the past hour or so. Very interesting. You cover a lot of terrain so there's probably too much for me to comment on here now. This much I will say though, sociology really seems like a good fit for you. I like your passion and willingness to examine issues and not just react in knee-jerk fashion.

Rather than launch into some prolonged critique of this or that issue let me simply say, "You go Sarah!" I find it very interesting that you are so frequently examining and discussing issues of race and poverty and the Bible. I don't know where you came from, but may your tribe increase.

I see that you are a regular reader of Pastor Aaron, the Urban Shephard. I would like to invite you to join the current conversation on race relations over at Ed Gilbreath's site - http://edwardg.wordpress.org. Fuuny that you should mention Stuff White People Like (SWPL) because that has been the subject for the past few days. I even have a similiar post on my site http://www.xanga.com/ps29v11 . I know you are busy with school and all, but if you can find a few moments to break away, we'd love to have you join in on the conversation.

Peace and blessings,

Shlomo